Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pounded at Pounders

Ahola! This is a little late but i thought i would still share. Last Friday we went to Laie Beach Park... also known as 'Pounders Beach'. Yes, we got pounded...bad. As usual my dad and I went and found something fun to do for the day while Brian was at practice. That's when we found Pounders. It was a beautiful beach and was great for boogie boarding, body surfing and just floating over the waves. I was a little scared at first, the waves were really big, but finally my dad coaxed me in and once I got in it was really fun. It was about high tide when we were there and we were planning on going to pick up Brian and go eat some lunch then come back around and hopefully the tide would be down a little bit...but no. When we got back there around 3 o'clock the waves were bigger and more scary. I think we all got a good taste of the waves and got some nasty looking souvenirs...scrapes, bruises and tweaks. It was really fun. My dad and I got smashed really bad one time. We were out pretty far and there was an early crasher. We were standing in water that was about up to my knees where it was usually up to my head and there was a wave above us that was about 7 feet high. My dad got through alright but the wave washed me all the way back to shore. Oh well, it was really fun and we had a great time. After we went to shower and Brian found a little friend, Steve the baby Gecko. They became good friends until Brian dropped him. Now he is back in his home happy as ever!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

You guys better be careful!!! Always keep your arms out in front of you to protect your head/neck when you're body surfing! Grandma learned that the hard way. AND tell Steve, the gecko, hello for me.